Many areas are finding grocery store shelves bare of bread and other items and many are homebound right now. If you have a few common ingredients in your pantry you can easily make your own bread without yeast or kneading.
If you have self-rising flour great, but if you don’t King Arthur has this simple recipe to make your own using All-Purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Homemade Self-Rising Flour.
These breads are not only easy and quick they are delicious and inexpensive.
- Irish Soda Bread from Allrecipes
- Easy Self-Rising Biscuits from King Arthur Flour
- Classic Beer Bread from King Arthur Flour
- Garlic Cheese Quick Bread from Taste of Home
- Two-Ingredient Dough Recipes with self-rising flour and Greek yogurt from The GunnySack
- Chris Kimball’s Wheat Soda Bread from his “The Yellow Farmhouse Cookbook”(5 minutes to mix).
This last one is my grandmother’s cinnamon bread recipe. I’ve been baking since I was 12 years old in 4-H and it was a go-to recipe for my family during the farm crisis recession of the 1980’s. Church CookBook Classics: Purple Ribbon Cinnamon Bread.
Stay safe and Healthy!
Keep it Simple and Enjoy!