The other day, my adult daughter called to ask me if I had the recipe grandpa used to may those oyster cracker things. My dad has been gone for 27 years so, this was really reaching back to a childhood memory. Something had made her think of them and she wanted me to make her some. Fortunately I knew exactly where to find the recipe — the Church Cookbook! This is a super easy snack recipe and takes all of 5 minutes to make. So it seems like a perfect recipe to add to my Church Cookbook Classic series of posts. One day I’ll see if I can slim them up a bit, but today I’ll stay true to the Church Ladies…
Keep it simple and enjoy!
- 3 pkgs oyster crackers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 envelope Ranch dressing powder
- Put crackers in a large bowl.
- Mix remainder of ingredients
- Pour liquid over crackers and stir with a wooden spoon
- Seal bowl and shake or stir occasionally for 1 to 2 hours.