Last night my husband wanted Mexican for supper, but I was getting tired of the same old beef tacos and burritos — I wanted chicken and I wanted it grilled. So we compromised — a grilled chicken taco salad.
I didn’t have a recipe and really wasn’t in the mood to search through my cookbooks and online sites — so I punted. A few weeks ago I made a Mexican Street Corn Salad that had a wonderful dressing — so I used some of the flavors to create this marinade. It was a hit!
It turned out an easy and quick recipe that can be used as we did a salad, but would make a wonderful sandwich on a bun or wrap or eaten as is with some sides. If you are feeding more than 2, your 6th grade math skills should work to help you double or triple the recipe…LOL
Keep it simple and enjoy.
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 2 TBS Tequila
- 1 Lime -- Zest & Juice
- ½ tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Save out about ¼ of the mixture in a separate container to use during grilling.
- Put chicken breasts into a storage bag or container and pour remainder of the marinade over the chicken. Make sure both sides of the meat are coated with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes while you prepare grill.
- Grill chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees -- in the last 5 to 10 minutes brush on remainder of marinade.
Andrea Bates says
This looks amazing. I am starving right now and could totally go for this for lunch! Or dinner! Or both. 🙂
Simple and delicious sounding. Pinned!